David Galletly Studio Visit







On the 1st of Feb we open "Wee", a solo exhibition from David Galletly. This weekend we popped over to his studio to take a look at how he is getting on. To see more photos check out this page. To find out more about the opening visit the event page.

David's Bio-

Hello. I'm originally from Stirling, a small city in Scotland. I attended high school, went to college and, in 2004, graduated with a BA in graphic design. Soon afterwards, I returned to my first love of drawing and began exhibiting my personal artwork in various group exhibitions. I slowly built up my freelance illustration business while paying the bills with various other jobs and made the shift to working for myself full time in early 2012. I currently live with my wife Alex in Glasgow, where I work from my home studio.

During a typical week, most of my time is spent on freelance illustration / design commissions for publications and individuals. I been lucky enough to work with some amazing people over the years and I'm very happy to have the opportunity to earn a living by creating artwork.

For the past year, I have been the illustrator for Mary HK Choi's column in the US edition of WIRED magazine. I also occasionally help out with the graphic design and art direction at Fence Records. Recently, I have designed a limited edition Aberfeldy label for Dewars and created an illustrated overview of Scotland for the social network, Kiltr.

I am a member of Team Recoat, a collection of artists based in Scotland put together by Recoat Gallery here in Glasgow’s West End. As an artist, I have exhibited in various solo and group exhibitions both in the UK and overseas.

AddThis

Bookmark and Share
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Recoat Gallery exhibits graphic art, illustration, graffiti, street art and photography and sells jewellery, clothing, books and magazines. We showcase work from emerging and established Scottish artists and designers aswell as trying to bring inspirational artists and designers to Scotland from elsewhere.

Twitter

Instagram